Midlands | Aston Villa fans react to Super Cup defeat
We asked for the views of Villa fans following on from the 2-1 defeat by Paris St-Germain in the Super Cup
Do you agree with this reaction?
Author | Peter Grainger
Ade: Maybe not a win, but certainly a victory when it comes to giving some of the new talent a chance. As Villa fans, I think there is still plenty to be excited about despite the recent departures. A few Premier League clubs may be a little more wary of facing us next season after seeing that performance. I can't wait. UTV!
Danny: A tough one for Villa, but there were plenty of positives from the young players. Brian Madjo and George Hemmings were outstanding. PSG were simply clinical when their chances came, and that is the difference at the highest level. Really proud and optimistic for the season ahead. In Emery we trust!
Geoff: Thought we played well at times, certainly gave them a game.
Brian Madjo 🤝 Unai Emery #AVFC
— Aston Villa Statto (@avfcstatto.bsky.social) 13 August 2026 at 18:00
[image or embed]
Paul: A couple more players and I genuinely think we can compete at the highest level in this season's Champions League. We more than matched them at times.
Duncan: No complaints about losing to the best side in the world. We gave them a real game and, on clear-cut chances, could easily have won. The youngsters play without fear, which is great to see. After that performance, I am really looking forward to what should be a very good season.
Walfred: An early-season performance with plenty of good moments, although there were also a fair few mistakes. Madjo and Hemmings look to have huge potential and I am hoping Emery can work his magic. We were certainly not disgraced against PSG and the result could have been different with a little more composure. Nothing to be too upset about.
PSG retain the UEFA Super Cup eurosuperfootball.blogspot.com/2026/08/psg-...
— European Super Football (@eurosuperfootball.bsky.social) 13 August 2026 at 19:04
[image or embed]
Kev: Aston Villa did well to lose this game by just one goal, but what else can you expect from a depleted squad after losing three of their best players, with Ezri Konsa potentially on his way too? I fear the worst for Villa this season because I don't think this squad is anywhere near strong enough to compete with the best in Europe. I hope I am wrong.
Scottie: Another great performance, lads. Unfortunately, it is not particularly inspiring to see Matty Cash and Marco Bizot starting. I had a feeling we would lose with Bizot in goal. We need a better option as our back-up goalkeeper.

Comments
Post a Comment